You are my Shell
You are my Shell
You and I, we're walking through a
street that's filled with lights that reflect the theme of the restaurants.
It's a food Street and I'm surprised to find the place very unusual. Anything
you ask, they’ve got it. The place is really clean and the road is quite small,
full of flat stone tiles. There are lights in an arch above us
Looking to my left there's a hotel. A
girl says, “I need a sweet and cold witch hat.” And in a few seconds, a platter
is ready with a long black upside-turned ice-cream cone on a large black
currant ice cream scoop with sprinkles and toppings that resemble a scary, come
live witch face
I ask you to go see a nice place and
settle and that I'll check this red-themed hotel and come. I walk forwards
towards the shop. There is a white fat friendly-faced person who asks, “What do
you want?”
Behind him is a TV where the "Minute to win it"
show is playing. I think for a minute. He looks at me. Then I hurriedly say,
get me a "Minute to win it"
And
he goes like, "I’ve got you covered, sir"
And in a few seconds he pops up a tray that has a burger, hot spicy
chicken strips, crispy nuggets a chill soda drink in a large paper cup and a
silver box with "mystery is what you can find inside" written on it. He
quickly pulled out a digital cuboid clock and said, “Your minute starts now,
you’ve got a minute to win it”
I try to grab the tray through the small
counter window but it’s difficult to reach through. He says, “Go for it”. I
jump a bit in, grab the burger, and start munching on it hurriedly. The time goes
by really fast and every second feels like fractions. I have to finish
everything in a minute. I open the mystery box hoping to find smaller food
items to pop into my mouth easily. I eat a few nuggets, and some sweet and salty
chicken wings, which aren’t to my liking. The rest are on the plate. I fear
losing the game, lest I would have to pay the double.
I slowly lose consciousness of
everything around me, the shop, the world, and the cute little girl I have come
with. A few hours are gone and suddenly I come to my senses, and I realize ‘I
have no money to pay’. It was you who was going to treat me and I am lost, and
heaven knows where you were.
I imagine an angry face of you sitting on a wooden bench somewhere in a
shop, crossing your legs, and nervously waiting, mostly upset and annoyed that
I left you stranded. I am lost too. I begin thinking ‘What’s happening? I'm so messed
up right now.’
I suddenly find that you have found me. There's no
angry face. All I see are your shoes with droplets of water I look up to find
your teary-eyed face filled with Joy to finally find me.
You run and we hug for a few minutes. I cry very
silently as I realise “You are a snail and I am your shell.”
Comments
Post a Comment