Death Bed

 Death Bed

 

White-coloured bed sheets,

White painted walls,

White bright lights,

Colourless fluids dripping from its container down my veins,

Colourless face gasping for breath.

 

Don’t know how long I’ve got

The last few months felt like an eternity.

A part of me wishes “if only I had someone.”

To ease the pain of loneliness,

Another part of me wishes “better to be alone.”

To not burden another soul.

 

One life, and I’ve lived it well.

Showered my love and care,

To everyone who I crossed paths with.

It’s sad that a sensitive person like me,

Ended up with this hypersensitive respiratory condition.

 

I’ve never been really upset about it, even though it’s killing me.

Even though Asthma didn’t let me relish the things that I loved:

Ice creams, Coldwater, Rain, Pillow fights, Laughing, Perfume,

Cycling, Flowers and Pets.

It taught me to value life.

 

My two-and-a-half decades of lifespan coming to an end,

Stuck in my daydreams,

And I realise “not all movies have a good ending.”

My life is kind of short,

But I’m happy I got so many blessings.

 

People dream of great wealth

I dream of good health

My world’s not perfect,

But that’s alright.

All the memories of love and compassion

Make it cherishable.

 

Wish my time comes soon.

Waking up struggling to breathe would be no more,

Not getting to do things I love to do

When it’s at my grasp would be no more.

Dying and living at the same time would be no more.

 

Wish people valued the things they have while they still have them;

Health, friendship, love, and family.

Certain things don’t have a price tag, because they are priceless,

So precious that their value can not be fixed.

 

White coloured bed sheets,

White painted walls,

White bright lights,

All the elements of a luxury home.

Changing the perspective makes all the right difference.

Isn’t the greatest gift about life is Life itself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Changing the perspectives makes all the right difference 💯. Moved by this piece of writing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Biography of Eternal—the Tree Who Gave.

What is love?

A Sunday Morning