"Anna, Thanks"
“Anna, thanks”
I was at the metro and was going to take the escalator. The place was packed with people, everyone jostling, pushing, and pulling their luggage, bumping into one another, and shoving their bodies forward to keep moving. Crowds are something I dislike. Brushing bodies against strangers, the very thought of it fills me with disgust.
A family of four was going before me, the mother, father, and the elder son stepped onto the stairs and they did not turn back to see that they had left their daughter behind. The little one wore a light green frock, she was about seven years old. She was scared to take the first step and she started to freak out. The middle-aged woman behind me was pushing me. I stood my ground, held the little one’s arm and bent a little, and said, “Bayapadadha kutty, Anna kootituporaen.” She took a step forward and stumbled. I guided her to the center and asked her not to lean to the sides. On reaching the top she jumped to get off the unpredictable robotic stairs.
She turned to me, smiled, and said in a cute voice, “Anna, thanks.” I was instantly blushing with inexpressible joy. The moment was magical. Her parents smiled at me and she re-joined her parents.
Comments
Post a Comment